We have so many things we want to do in New Orleans and the metro area. Here’s our running list of what we want to tackle. Have suggestions for us? We’re also updating this list here.
• Treat our noses to Bourbon French Parfums (more).
• Visit Avery Island (more).
• Coax a plumeria/frangipani to bloom on our patio.
• Enjoy a cocktail at the Carousel Bar inside Hotel Monteleone (more).
• Eat our way through the Oak Street Po-Boy Festival (more).
• Visit all of the city’s farmers markets (more).
• Take a courtyard tour in the French Quarter.
• Tour the cemeteries in the Garden District.
• Meet/hear/see author Nevada Barr.
• Buy good New Orleans folk art.
Chapman and I would love to take y’all to the Carousel Bar. The key to getting a seat at the bar is to (a) not attempt this on a Friday afternoon (or any time over the weekend for that matter), and (b) be okay with lurking on another customer until they leave. We will totally go creep on patrons with you to get four seats next to each other. And to get cocktails. Don’t forget about the cocktails.
Oooo! Sounds like a plan. I’m on a mission to find the best Lemon Drop in the city.