We hear good things about this market in Palmer Park. Admission is free.
All info from the Arts Council of New Orleans (more):
Saturday, January 26th
10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Palmer Park, S. Carrollton and S. Claiborne Aves in Uptown.
Free and open to the public
Located in lovely Palmer Park, at the corner of South Carrollton and South Claiborne Avenues, last stop of the historic St. Charles streetcar.
It’s Carnival Time at Arts Market of New Orleans! You may just find the perfect piece for your Mardi Gras ensemble amongst the offerings from our local and regional Fine Artists & Craftspeople.
Be sure to stop by and see:
- Masks by Liz Blaz (#52)
- Papier Mache Sculpture by Brian Bush (#62)
- Wire Tiaras by Cathy Cooper-Stratton (#79)
- Headwear and Accessories by Cathy Johnson (#46)
- Hats and Tu-Tus by Tracy Thomson (#7)
- Fabulous Fur Hats (along with other Avant Garbe) by Christine Wright (#78)
Between 50 and 100 artists display and sell their wares each month. Styles of art include painting, photography, ceramics, glass, jewelry, wood, and printmaking, plus handmade clothing, soap, candles, and other delights.
Oh, and don’t forget all the fabulous food, live music and activities for kids.