IntheNOLA.com hosts its second annual “Heritage: A Brass Band Celebration” this weekend. If you are new to the brass band scene, this will be a good opportunity to catch four different bands for a bargain $30 at the door.
– Event benefits Son of a Saint Foundation.
– Will have four brass bands:
– DJ Raj Smoove will do music in between sets.
– Event is Saturday, April 6, 2013. Doors open at 8 p.m. with brass band performances starting at 8:15 p.m. Ends at midnight.
– Party is at Studio 3 (3610 Toulouse St.). Between the American Can Apartments and the Post Office in Mid-City with a whole lot of FREE parking right next to the building.
– Tickets are $25 in advance online (buy them). $30 at the door.
- beer from NOLA Brewing (free with a drink ticket)
- cocktails from Old New Orleans Rum (free with a drink ticket)
- spritzers and fresh teas from Bissap Breeze (free with a drink ticket)
- cider from Crispin Natural Hard Apple Cider (free with a drink ticket)
- Moscato, merlot and chardonnay free with a drink ticket)
- ice cream from New Orleans Ice Cream (first come, first served)
- handkerchiefs for second lining the night away from Purple Monkey (free)
- Sweets from Haydel’s Bakery and Dee’s Delectable Delights (first come, first served)
- Pizza from Pepperoni Rays (first come, first served)
- Gourmet French fries from food truck The Fry Bar (for sale – bring cash)
General admission ticket holders get three drink tickets. Patron ticket holders get four drink tickets.
Before the brass band throwdown, don’t miss the patron party from 7 – 8 p.m. with music by trumpeter Mario Abney, a performance by Amy Tracy of Gravity Defying Fitness, delicious food courtesy of the Besh Restaurant Group, The Munch Factory and Lady Marmalade Catering and Cuisine, beer from NOLA Brewing, cocktails from Old New Orleans Rum and wine from Pontchartrain Vineyards.
Patron party tickets are $75/person or $125 for two in advance online at http://inthenolaheritage.eventbrite.com. No patron party tickets will be sold at the door.