The fabulous folks at Chaos Cooking are back in New Orleans and are hosting another dinner party. We’re excited. Chaos Cooking had a New Orleans event earlier this year (pix) and we met all sorts of new people and ate so much good food.
Our staple event is where everyone brings the ingredients for one dish and then cooks together in one space. All recipes must be finished and space returned to original condition by the end of the event, while everyone is socializing, enjoying drinks and eating tasty dishes.
The New Orleans event is Saturday (Nov. 2) from 6 to 10 p.m. More info:
– You get the address to the kitchen when you sign up.
– It’s free to get in, but you have to bring ingredients to cook a dish.
– Bring beer or wine to share.
– Invite your friends. The more the merrier, but everyone has to cook.
– Cook enough to share. People will sample a little bit of everything. Last time we made enough for 6-8 full servings and that worked fine.
– Optional good items to bring: extra knives, cutting boards and plastic containers to bring extra food home.
– Everyone helps cleanup after the event.
Tip: The Chaos Cooking crews shakes hands by bumping elbows – minimizes germs.
Here are more photos from the March event to give you an idea of what people cook. We haven’t figured out what we’ll make Saturday, but we’ll be there Saturday. Hope to see you!
Header image via Chaos Cooking’s Facebook page.