We’ve been doing some of our favorite activities this week – cooking, eating and enjoying time with friends and family. And of course, Southern food makes everything better.
Our resident cook, Patsy R. Brumfield, has been sharing her go-to Thanksgiving dishes the past few weeks. They are:
• Roasted turkey (how to brine and roast one)
Epicurious.com also has its take on a New Orleans Thanksgiving meal. Most of the dishes are a little nontraditional, but hey, we’d eat it if someone else was making it.
NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune also has some very helpful links.
• 10 great bars for a Thanksgiving eve gathering
• Restaurants that are open on Thanksgiving
• Pie recipes from New Orleans bakers
• recipes for 10 old-school Louisiana holiday favorites
• Chef John Currence’s Thanksgiving menu
• last minute tips from food editor Judy Walker, including the best way to transport casseroles in the car
Header image is via http://www.nppbc.com and used in accordance with a Creative Commons license.
Disclosure: I work at NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune in the news department. NOLA.com is in no way affiliated with NewinNOLA.com. The links are shared here because I think they are helpful to new residents in New Orleans.