We have so many things we want to do in New Orleans and the metro area. Here’s our running list of what we want to tackle. Have suggestions? Leave a comment.
• Treat our noses to Bourbon French Parfums (more).
• Visit Avery Island (more).
• Sip some suds at the New Orleans International Beer Festival (more).
• Get plumeria/frangipani to bloom on our patio.
• Eat our little hearts out at the New Orleans Oyster Festival.
• Drink a cocktail at the Carousel Bar inside Hotel Monteleone (more).
• Eat our way through the Oak Street Po-Boy Festival (more).
• Visit all of the city’s farmers markets (more).
• Take a courtyard tour in the French Quarter.
• Tour the cemeteries in the Garden District.
• Meet/hear/see author Nevada Barr (more).
• Buy good New Orleans folk art.
• Devour barbecue at Hogs for the Cause (more).
• Try all of the flavors at Hansen’s Sno-Bliz (more).
• Learn how to properly parallel park in the French Quarter.
• Try all of the major snoball stands in New Orleans.
Pingback: Our New Orleans bucket list | New in NOLA
Take a day trip to Nottaway Plantation in White Castle. Drive the county roads through the little Bayou towns. Cruise both sides of River Road. Drive down to Cocodrie — it’s feels like the end of the earth.
Thanks for the ideas!! How do you say that – Co – co -dree?
Pingback: Food photos from New Orleans Oyster Festival 2013 | New in NOLA
It’s a very nice start. Hope you caught Kermit’s last gig at Vaughn’s. You absolutely must have the Uglesich’s cater a dinner (and have Paul’s Fantasy or the soft-shell crab http://images.egullet.com/u2/i1125.jpg).
Don’t forget Casamento’s;)
And, please promise to never say “N’Awlins” or “the Bywater” — EVER!!!
Love Casamento’s and am definitely craving their special oyster cocktail sauce. Yum! And 100 percent agree to the evil N’awlins. Likes nails on a chalkboard.
Pingback: NewinNOLA.com turns 1 | New in NOLA
Thank you for posting! We are looking forward to a first time visit this summer!